Remembrance Remembrance

Hey this is great!

That's the way I love piano solo. With tempo and velocity dynamics, cantabile, and as you said there is no better way to do it then playing it live on your keyboard :) I think it's the best way to connect with the sounds too, when you play live I'm pretty sure you fall in this kind of "trance" bubble easier then when you compose note by note :P

This technique is good for multiple tracks compositions too. Once your improv is done you can correct some mistakes, then you can copy your midi track to another instrument, remove all the notes you don't want this instrument to play, and you have a score timed perfectly with your improv. Then you can change the notes to make the other instrument play 3rds or 5ths or whatever. It makes a multiple track song sound a lot more human than when it's composed note by note, because you keep all the natural dynamics from when you played it.

Good improvisation, I love this wet reverb too, it gives a nice hovering feeling. I'll try this kind of reverb on my next piano song :)

5/5 10/10 Carry on!

1f1n1ty responds:

Hey, sebastien01! I remember you, you made the final round of NGUAC, right? I never said congratulations :D

It's really common for electronic producers to put piano solos into their tracks, but it's a lot less popular to try and make the piano sound natural rather than synthesized. And yet few will settle for synthesized, robotic vocals. Why should vocals get the natural treatment, but pianos simply looked over, as if they were synths to begin with?

I get in a trance bubble when I compose note by note sometimes. But admittedly it is a lot less often, and this piece took about 7 minutes. So there is definitely truth to that.

The only problems with turning an improv like this into an ensemble are 1. it's difficult to work with timeless notes in FL Studio because FL sucks :P and 2. every instrument will end up playing the same dynamics (like, what if I want a call and response with some textures popping out here and there). But you could achieve a fairly decent sound quite easily.

I love reverb so hard <3 Can never have enough reverb

Hey, thanks for reviewing! I appreciate all the kind words :D

Opulence (VIP) Opulence (VIP)

Very nice! It's always a pleasure to hear your music! You have made something really nice to hear out of this composition. There are maybe some places where I would have personnaly used cresc. and decresc. combined with a little bit of Attack modulation on some instruments. But it's my own opinion. Your song is awesome! We can hear everything well, good mix, good compo, good sounds. You deserve the perfect score sir! :)

Miyolophone responds:

Ah, thanks so much sebastien! I know I should get a bit more creative with my automation, maybe next time, but I'm happy you liked it so much anyway c:

-:: Fractal ::- -:: Fractal ::-

Beautiful! I love this vibe like I'm travelling in space. Fractal is an expression of infinity. And I can feel it trought these sounds you successfully put together.

Seriously, I can close my eyes and paint myself in space looking at an infinity of planets, with an infinite amount of different species.

I can feel all the mysteries of the infinity behind the fractal while listening to your song! I download it right now! I have to listen to it before I go to bed. Awesome job! ;)

Agitat0r responds:

The world is made of beautifully well arranged fractal shapes. It is up to us to witness it happen. On mathematical side, fractal is incredibly difficult to study which requiring complex understanding of math to learn them. As Mandelbrot said it, beautiful, damn hard, increasingly unuseful. That's fractals.

I didn't mention in the description, but the structures of this piece were built on a an old algorithm applied in music derived from Julia set function that I researched in the past. I'm fanatic when come to fractal.

Thank you for your review. :)

Echo Echo

I absolutely love this one! I see it as light spinning around a black hole.
This black hole being the door to another universe, made from all this light and matter going trought it. So maybe we are living in the black hole of another universe, and our universe is smaller copy of this universe, living in 5 dimensions, where time is designed as we perceive space, where time travelling is a universal rule as 3 dismensions travel is a universal rule in our universe... I'm just speculating for fun :) But I really like the artistic representation of infinity behind fractal art, and you do it very well!

SpaceTime SpaceTime

Hey that's nice!! I didn't know you were creating these awesome fractal art too! That's beautiful. As you mentioned, I really like this principle of infinity, space, Universe in this form of art too. Well done!

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Thank you, sir! I've only created a few, so I'm nowhere near as good as dem0 is. I like the theme of space, especially when it comes to music. Ambient stuff, with a bit of that eerie feel really works for me, somehow :D

Inception Inception

Love that! My first impression is : A tunnel trough the 4th dimension. There is even the infinity 8 symbol in the center. I'm mindfucked. Nice job

Agitat0r responds:

Thank you for your review. :)