Remembrance Remembrance

Hey this is great!

That's the way I love piano solo. With tempo and velocity dynamics, cantabile, and as you said there is no better way to do it then playing it live on your keyboard :) I think it's the best way to connect with the sounds too, when you play live I'm pretty sure you fall in this kind of "trance" bubble easier then when you compose note by note :P

This technique is good for multiple tracks compositions too. Once your improv is done you can correct some mistakes, then you can copy your midi track to another instrument, remove all the notes you don't want this instrument to play, and you have a score timed perfectly with your improv. Then you can change the notes to make the other instrument play 3rds or 5ths or whatever. It makes a multiple track song sound a lot more human than when it's composed note by note, because you keep all the natural dynamics from when you played it.

Good improvisation, I love this wet reverb too, it gives a nice hovering feeling. I'll try this kind of reverb on my next piano song :)

5/5 10/10 Carry on!

1f1n1ty responds:

Hey, sebastien01! I remember you, you made the final round of NGUAC, right? I never said congratulations :D

It's really common for electronic producers to put piano solos into their tracks, but it's a lot less popular to try and make the piano sound natural rather than synthesized. And yet few will settle for synthesized, robotic vocals. Why should vocals get the natural treatment, but pianos simply looked over, as if they were synths to begin with?

I get in a trance bubble when I compose note by note sometimes. But admittedly it is a lot less often, and this piece took about 7 minutes. So there is definitely truth to that.

The only problems with turning an improv like this into an ensemble are 1. it's difficult to work with timeless notes in FL Studio because FL sucks :P and 2. every instrument will end up playing the same dynamics (like, what if I want a call and response with some textures popping out here and there). But you could achieve a fairly decent sound quite easily.

I love reverb so hard <3 Can never have enough reverb

Hey, thanks for reviewing! I appreciate all the kind words :D

Opulence (VIP) Opulence (VIP)

Very nice! It's always a pleasure to hear your music! You have made something really nice to hear out of this composition. There are maybe some places where I would have personnaly used cresc. and decresc. combined with a little bit of Attack modulation on some instruments. But it's my own opinion. Your song is awesome! We can hear everything well, good mix, good compo, good sounds. You deserve the perfect score sir! :)

Miyolophone responds:

Ah, thanks so much sebastien! I know I should get a bit more creative with my automation, maybe next time, but I'm happy you liked it so much anyway c:

-:: Fractal ::- -:: Fractal ::-

Beautiful! I love this vibe like I'm travelling in space. Fractal is an expression of infinity. And I can feel it trought these sounds you successfully put together.

Seriously, I can close my eyes and paint myself in space looking at an infinity of planets, with an infinite amount of different species.

I can feel all the mysteries of the infinity behind the fractal while listening to your song! I download it right now! I have to listen to it before I go to bed. Awesome job! ;)

Agitat0r responds:

The world is made of beautifully well arranged fractal shapes. It is up to us to witness it happen. On mathematical side, fractal is incredibly difficult to study which requiring complex understanding of math to learn them. As Mandelbrot said it, beautiful, damn hard, increasingly unuseful. That's fractals.

I didn't mention in the description, but the structures of this piece were built on a an old algorithm applied in music derived from Julia set function that I researched in the past. I'm fanatic when come to fractal.

Thank you for your review. :)

TCoM - Kathryn (Piano Cover) TCoM - Kathryn (Piano Cover)

It sound so peacefull!! I love the vibe of it, I just closed my eyes from the beggining to the end. Wonderfully done!

Thank you! I'm glad you liked my cover :D
It's such a great piece. The odd rhythm kinda makes it easy to lose oneself in the music ^ ^

Your latest upload is cool too!

Shatter Shatter

Deep sounds, very representative of the trance style, you make a great use of the filters to create this wonderful ambiance. The instrumentation is great too, I wouldn't change a thing. About this synth at 1:21 I think it's all right, it supports the high vibe pretty well imo.

Great job! I loved that track!

Noisysundae responds:

Finally, the one who notices the filters. I use them in pretty much any sundae I made. XD
And yup, that's the only reason I want to keep the low-pass effect in that part.

Force of Life Force of Life

This randomness is music to my ears :) For sure the mix has some flaws, but as you said, it was made quick just before your trip. I wish you had the time to improve it as much as possible. Nevertheless this song has a great potential! Listening to your music is always a pleasure.

Have a nice trip! I want to go there one day too, it's a wonderfull country filled with so many open minded people like you :D Enjoy it as much as you can!

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Glad to hear we have another fan of randomness amongst our midst :)
Yeah, the piano was improvised just before my trip, and I added most of the other instruments during yesterday night, after having walked around large parts of Tokyo (I added the violin in the very beginning the evening of the previous day).
I wish I had had the time to improve it too, but it is what it is :p

Thanks, man! I'm sure you'd love it here. I'm having such a wonderful time myself o.O
I'll make sure to enjoy it to the fullest. When I get back home, I will try to listen to all the tracks I've missed on Newgrounds, including yours :D

Asau Asau

Nice transitions. You keep your song evolving all the way until the end, and you did it pretty well! I can hear every sounds clearly, so it's a thumbs up for your mastering skillz. And all the instruments fit well together, nice mix, nothing too low or too loud nice work!

1f1n1ty responds:

Thanks, man! I usually struggle with transitions, so it's good to hear that I've done them well here!

Hit This Shit Hit This Shit

Hey! You are the best garage band composer ever xD Nice job!

MysteriousPresence responds:

Thanks dude, I'm deeply touched !

B V Z Z K I L L B V Z Z K I L L

OMG! that sound at 1:49, is it from Mario Paint? I remember this sound from when I was a kid making music with the music maker in the game. I think it's the "baby" sound lol or it's just REALLY close to it.

Great mix and mastering job, it has a nice groove and I luv it :) Boing boing boing boing boing boing boinggg. I imagine a bunny on an acid trip when I hear this xD

Great job!

midimachine responds:

yea it's from mario paint, thx bruv

Robot Junkyard Robot Junkyard

I love that style! :)
Wonderfull work, you obviously have a very nice way to compose in many different styles. Awsome, as usual !

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Thanks a lot man! Glad to hear you like the track :D
I try to vary the styles I compose in a bit, especially if it's for a theme day like this. I think it's a good way to learn more about music making :)